Thursday, June 16, 2005

Liquor in the front, Poker in the rear

What can I tell you to stop the blood pouring from my eyes and the brains oozing out of my ears? The last hours of my current employment are dying away minute by interminable minute, and I’ve become so bored and disconnected from it all that I’m tempted to get up and head for the exit now, rather than wait for the hollow good wishes and back-slapping sure to be spewed onto me tomorrow morning.

Can’t wait to see the back of the lot of them, to be honest. Having these fucknuts pollute my life for the last ten months was quite a steep price to pay to watch my little girl grow up. A little girl that I am on the verge of renaming “Mad Monkey Kung Fu” by deed poll. My body seems to be the most exciting climbing frame she has ever seen, and her little legs flail around like fleshy nunchakus.

That is all. The next time you hear from me, I will have rejoined the ranks of the unemployed. Again.

Oh yes. One last thing. Stop reading this now. Find the nearest cinema and go and see Sin City. Go. Run. Now. Film of the Year so far (if you got the stones for it). A world where a film like this exists seems to me to be a world worth tolerating just a little bit longer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the next job will be less of a "poker in the rear"....

Anonymous said...

unless it's a game of poker, in a back room. sorry to hear your news, dude, will give you a call. dani's off her job as well (as in not doing it any more). i am sure we all have a lot of news to relate...

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add:

Hope being off work feels as nice and relaxing as having a "liquor in the front".

(Can't believe I spotted one pun and missed another just as obvious. Must be the weather.)

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more in regards to Sin City. Fan-tastic.

Much better than that piece of dogshit Batman Begins. I can't believe the losers her are lapping it up like thirsty desert dogs.

Good luck in the job search, man. I'm looking to bail from my current place of employment. I almost wish they'd lay me off, make me redundant, whatever...