Friday, October 07, 2005

Goodbye Grey Sky, Hello Blue

The weekend comes, my cycle hums, ready to race to yoooooooooooou.

Yes, only hours to go before the weekend arrives and I can claw back a couple of days of normality for myself. So, let’s take a leisurely stroll through the news:

Despite strenuous denials from the White House (because they are usually oh so honest), George W. Bush has been flapping those inarticulate gums once again. There’s no stopping the man! This time, Bush is reported as saying: “God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Oooookay…

Now, correct me if I’m wrong here, but isn’t that the kind of shit that serial killers say ALL THE TIME? Stuff like: “Sorry, mister, but God told me ‘Jack, you must cut up that little girl and then feed her parts to your hogs out back!’" or maybe: “The Lord came to me in my sleep and said 'Frankie? You know that woman of yours ain’t right! You better get that axe from the barn and teach her whose boss!’”.

INSANE people claim to perpetrate acts of violence due to The Voice Of God. PRESIDENTS should take counsel from people who aren’t just disembodied voices telling them to go and kill.

What else? Well, there’s this story on the BBC which begins: “Cutting edge studies on artificial dogs' testicles, locusts which watch Star Wars and penguin defecation have been honoured with Ig Nobel awards.”…I think I can let this pass without comment, because it speaks for itself….

And finally, Stately Wayne Manor escapes being burnt to the ground by a raging fire.

That’s all. I have a weekend to enjoy.

These Happy Days are your's and mine, Happy Days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: the comment above...

AKA, you appear to have been attacked by (drum roll heralding birth of a new meme)... a LINK ZOMBIE.

A link zombie sits there, irrelevantly linking to some bullshit and trying to fool the search engines into thinking that the page it's trying to promote is popular. Don't get to close and try to click - it will smell your brains and LEAP into action, bite your browser and infect it with some kind of frakakta pyramid scheme or get-rich-quick bollocks. In the case of these "music" links above, it's an amateurish credit-to-riches idea from a "company" calling themselves Credon Inc.

It's a cynical, selfish act of self-promotion that goes against the spirit of blogging; it's using without asking, taking without giving. And so for that I say:

Fuck Credon Inc.

Fuck them up their stupid asses.

AKA said...

No worries, my friend. I have vanquished the evil commentspam that has infected my lowly blog.

Bert said...

That was really depressing reading as it is now the end of my weekend...