Friday, March 02, 2007

Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc

“I love writing but I hate starting. The page is awfully white and it says. “You may have fooled some of the people some of the time but those days are over, giftless. I'm not your agent and I'm not your mommy, I'm a white piece of paper, you wanna dance with me?" and I really, really don't. I don't want any trouble. I'll go peaceable-like.”
Aaron Sorkin from his Introduction to The West Wing Script Book: Volume 1

Also, something that occurred to me this morning as I was fighting my way through a particularly brutal hangover – many years ago, after I’d flamed out of my Law Degree realising that it just wasn’t for me, I dusted myself off and decided to re-enter the hallowed halls of higher education. I applied to get on to a bunch of media and film studies degree courses. I was rejected for all of them. I wasn’t considered to be suitable material for such endeavours. Now, universities use things that I’ve written to teach their film students.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. All those people who turned me away? Fuck them. Fuck them up their stupid asses.

Ah, and that’s enough of sucking my own dick for today. The white page beckons.

No comments: